Kiss and Drop
Smalls Road has a Kiss and Ride Zone designed for your convenience and for your child’s safety. Designed for quick entry and exit, the zone minimises congestion and risk when used properly by all parents and carers. The zone operates under the same conditions as no parking zones, which means you may stop to drop off or pick up children for a maximum of 2 minutes. You're required to remain in, or within 3 metres of, your vehicle. The zone operates as a Kiss and Drop zone 8.00 – 9.30am and 2.30-4.00pm only. It is parking at all other times.
To register for a Kiss and Ride number please email the office firstname.lastname@example.org
All students who use Kiss and Ride of an afternoon must have a registered number. Kinder students receive a bag tag with their number and families receive 2 numbers for their cars. Please display your family number in a clearly visible location, like the left side of your front windscreen, when collecting students in the afternoon.
Students who only use Kiss and Ride in the mornings do not need to have a registered number
Morning Drop Off
• Parent/carer drives into zone and moves to the most forward position
• Student takes off seatbelt and exits the car using the safety door
• Student walks to school gate independently
• Parent exits Kiss and Drop zone safely
Morning Drop Off
Afternoon Pick Up – 3.10pm
• Staff member walk students to Kiss and Drop
• Families allocated a number for the car. Student issued bag tag with family number.
• Family number to be displayed behind windscreen on passenger side
• Students allocated to numbered positions on the footpath.
• Parent drives to pick up bay. Parent stay in car. Child MUST enter from safety door.
• Cars exit Kiss and Drop in the order of arrival. ie. no car leaves before the car in first position exits the Kiss and Drop area